Posted on January 29 2020
Easy Dark Chocolate Fudge for People with COPD
1 - 10 oz Package Ghirardelli Classic Dark Chocolate chips
1 3/4 cup (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extracts
- Line an 8" square pan with waxed paper.
- Add all ingredients into a micro safe bowl and put in microwave for approx 1 min 25 secs.
- Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla extract.
- Spread chocolate fudge evenly in prepared baking pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Cut fudge into 25 squares using a long sharp knife.
- Store in an air-tight container, at room temperature.
To add a twist on the classic fudge recipe top with Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares.
Antioxidant activity. Antioxidants protect many of the body’s tissues from damage by oxygen free radicals. Among other beneficial actions, flavonoids protect LDL cholesterol from oxidation, which puts the “bad” into “bad cholesterol.” Here are two examples. Scientists from Italy and Scotland fed dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate and whole milk to healthy volunteers. Dark chocolate boosted the volunteers’ blood antioxidant activity, but milk, either in the chocolate or a glass, prevented the effect. Similarly, researchers in Finland and Japan found that dark chocolate reduces LDL oxidation while actually increasing levels of HDL (“good”) cholesterol, but white chocolate lacks both benefits.